Who doesn’t like an easy peasy list of things that can be done immediately to increase the success of your business?
That’s what today’s blog post is all about. More specifically getting publicity for your business.
Publicity is about getting the attention of the media. Their words hold weight with their audiences. When they write about and recognize you in their publications, they bring the public’s attention to your name and company. Publicity helps you grow your business and can be an important part of your content and marketing strategy.
It can also increase your revenue (pops champagne) so let’s get to it!
1. Build a social media presence. Building a presence for your business on popular social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google+. This presence creates ongoing opportunities for publicity. Make frequent, relevant, and interesting posts. Provide bloggers and members of the media with information, activities, and events their readers will want to know about.
2. Disagree with an industry influencer. A disagreement can stir up some controversy and publicity. Make sure you are on solid ground before you disagree with someone. Be ready, willing, and able to back up your views with sound facts and figures.
3. Start a Facebook group. An active Facebook group that is relevant to your niche can generate a great deal of publicity, especially when members work together on specific projects.
4. Win an award. Winning an award gives you more exposure to new prospects. It also helps you build credibility and authority in your industry.
5. Make use of LinkedIn. LinkedIn is a wonderful site for online business networking and contacting members of the press.
6. Create something new or improved. People love the words “new” and “improved” so leverage that for publicity. Take something in your industry and make it better.
7. Re-launch your website. Update and overhaul your website. Then host a launch party that builds awareness and attention for the changes and improvements.
8. Maintain a blog. A good business blog is great for publicity. Keep it updated with relevant and engaging posts, and be sure to offer an RSS feed so that readers can subscribe and site owners can add your updates to their own sites.
9. Publish a book. You might be surprised how much publicity you can earn from publishing. It boosts sales, traffic, and opt-ins too.
BONUS: Post link worthy content on your blog. “Top 5” or “Top 10” lists tend to attract links nicely, as do product reviews and tutorials.
Choose one or two of these tactics and add them to your marketing strategy. Focus on achieving results with one tactic, and then add more to your plan. Publicity can play a significant role in the growth and success of your business.